Autodesk® Moldflow® Insight Advanced Cool & Warp
The features and functions of Autodesk Moldflow Insight Advanced Cool and Warp
This official Autodesk training course covers the features, functionalities, and workflows in the Autodesk Moldflow Insight Premium package.
- Learn to prepare for, run, and interpret the results of a core shift analysis
- Learn about fill and pack analysis for fiber filled materials and why and when to do an analysis
- Understand the importance of cooling and the basic concepts of cooling injection molds
- The objectives of a cooling study and how different results can be interpreted
- What can be modeled for cooling and how the mesh quality influences the analysis
- Learn how to model the various features available in a cooling analysis
- When and how to use the automatic and specified cooling analysis options
- Cooling Optimization: Solve a mold cooling problem by modifying an existing cooling system with design modifications
- Review the causes of warpage and the shrinkage models used in the simulation
- Explore the causes of warpage with respect to part design, mold design, processing conditions, and materials
- The procedure for running a warpage analysis and how it relates to cooling, filling, and packing
- Procedures for determining how much the part will warp and the differences between Midplane, Dual Domain, and 3D meshes
- How to determine if the major cause of warpage is differential cooling, differential shrinkage, orientation effects, or corner effects and how the procedure is dependent on mesh type
- Discuss the diagnostic results that can help you understand the causes of warpage as well as the procedure used to solve warpage problems
Ideal for: Any advanced Autodesk Moldflow Insight user. Course covers features of the Premium license. These are features not covered in the Fundamentals or Advanced Flow courses.
Location: Autodesk® Moldflow® Insight Advanced Cool and Warp is available as an online, in-plant, or public class.
Course Length: 4 Days (Total of 32 hours)
Students must attend the Autodesk Moldflow Insight Fundamentals and the Autodesk Moldflow Insight Advanced Flow courses prior to attending this course.